Position: Managing Partner
Languages: Mandarin English
Chen YANG is the managing partner with Jincheng Tonga & Neal (JT&N) and specializes in international trade and antitrust. Before practicing law, Mr. Yang worked as an official in State Council.
Mr. Yang is well respected in China as well as internationally in the trade consultant community and by the investigating authorities of the different countries for his knowledge, proficiency and competency in international trade laws. Mr. Yang has represented both Chinese and foreign governments as well as exporters/producers in numerous international trade disputes. He is routinely invited to participate in research projects and to speak at conferences sponsored by government agencies, industry associations and Non Governmental Organizations. He also sits as an arbitrator of China International Economic and Trade Commission. He has been highly recommended as a global leading lawyer in international trade practice by “Chambers and Partners” and he and his team have been always ranked “Band 1” in the area of international trade/WTO as of 2011.
Mr. Yang is a market-leading lawyer in the field of antitrust law. He has represented enterprises in many cases on notification of concentration of undertakings and accumulated extensive experience in relevant market definition and competition analysis. He also routinely provides legal counseling for many enterprises and industrial associations on issues such as price cartels and the abuse of dominant position among other matters. As a pioneer in the field, Mr. Yang was involved in the case of In re: Vitamin C Antitrust Litigation, a landmark case as of 2005, constituting the first U.S. case that alleged Chinese export cartel activity. In 2016, Mr. Yang led the JT&N representation of Chinese steelmakers in the Section 337 investigations instigated by the U.S. Steel Corporation, which is another high-profile case, in that it represents the first time that a U.S. industrial circle has attempted to launch an antitrust allegation in Section 337 investigation against the Chinese steel industry, and it has drawn substantial international attention.
- Secretary-General, Foreign Related Legal Service Committee of All China Lawyers Association
- President, WTO Professional Commission of Beijing Bar Association
- Vice President, Economic and Trade Frictions Legal Advisory Committee, CCPIT
- Arbitrator of China International Economic and Trade Commission
- Expert Commissioner, the International Trade Dispute Settlement and Coordination Committee of the China Federation of Industrial Economics
- Legal Consultant for Trade Disputes, local MOFCOM of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian and Shenzhen
- One Belt One Road Committee, LAWASIA
- Global Leading Lawyer in International Trade (Band 1), Chambers & Partners, 2011-2019
- WWL Thought Leaders: Global Elite, Who’s Who Legal, 2019
- Beijing Outstanding Lawyer, Beijing Bar Association, 2015-2018
- Leading Lawyers in Corporate/M&A, Asia Law, 2013 -2014
- Top 10 Outstanding Lawyers, Beijing Bar Association, 2011
- Top 15 Rising Lawyer, Asian Legal Business, 2014
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, LLM
- University of International Business and Economics, LLM
- University of International Relations, LLB
- Development of American Relief Measures against Chinese Trade, published in the China Chemical Report
- Review on Non-Market Economy in Anti-Dumping Investigation, published in the China Chemical Report
- Collection of Anti-Dumping, Anti-Subsidy, Safeguards of Foreign Countries Against Chinese Products- U.S.A, five volumes together, published by China Commerce and Trade Press